Functioning, terms and procedures of the France-Canada Innovation Platform
Innovative companies interested in using IN2NOVATION’s services must respect the following key steps.
Companies willing to benefit from the services offered by IN2NOVATION should first contact the Administrator to present their project and determine their needs and expectations.
The company signs the Membership Charter of the Platform and then proceeds with payment of the membership fee. Membership fees depends on the level of membership chosen by the company.
Three services are provided by the Platform:
- Support in defining calls for proposals: the company expresses its need for innovation to the Platform, which then assesses the feasibility of the project and assists the company for the definition of the call for proposal.
- Prospecting of research teams and publication of calls for proposals: the Platform, relying on the FCRF network and the reputation of the co-presidents, prospects the most skilled research teams. It publishes the call for proposals, taking into account the legitimate confidentiality of commercially sensitive information.
- Support in the selection of research teams: the company will have the final say to select a research team and will be able to rely on the scientific expertise of the Platform’s co-presidents.
2 options are proposed:
- Option 1: If the call for proposals is open, the company’s project is circulated in universities and laboratories by the co-presidents, through their network, and by the Administrator, via the website and the notifications sent to the subscribers.
- Option 2: If the call for proposals is restricted, the Platform respects the level of confidentiality established by the company. The project is shared in a restricted way and the co-presidents prospect the potential academic teams.
The Platform, relying on the FCRF network and the reputation of the co-presidents, prospects the most skilled research teams. It publishes the call for proposals according to the company’s confidentiality request. Whether it concerns an open or a restricted call, research teams expressing interest are introduced to the company. If required, an ad hoc committee composed of scientific experts can be organized.
The company takes the final decision and will be able to rely on the scientific expertise and advice of the Platform and its co-presidents.
There are 2 levels of service fees depending on the type of prospecting service requested by the company:
- 5% of the amount of the research project financed by the "beneficiary company" in the case of an open call for proposals.
- 10% of the amount of the research project financed by the "beneficiary company", in the case of a restricted call for proposals.
The company establishes the appropriate legal framework with the selected research teams.
After the conclusion of a contract, the company or the academic research teams selected may ask the co-presidents for advice or guidance on the new research project.